UNIVERSITY / ACADEMIC CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
- “Occupy Literacy: Utilizing Occupy Wallstreet in the FYC to Illustrate Media Literacy Practices.” Conference on College Composition and Communication. Indianapolis, IN. 19-22 March 2014.
- “Pinterest for Democracy:Utilizing Pinterest Collections to teach Media Literacy as a Vehicle for Critical Pedagogy. ” Digital Frontiers Co-Operative. University of North Texas. Denton, TX. 19-21 September 2013.
- “Occupying Literacy: How Occupy Wall Street Can be Utilized in the FYC Classroom.” Watson Conference: Economies of Literacy. University of Louisville. Louisville, KY. 19-21 October 2012.
- “Gender and Power Dynamics within Natsuki Takaya’s Fruit Baskets.” SW/TX PCA 2012 Conference. Popular Culture Association. Hyatt Regency Hotel & Conference Center, Albuquerque, NM. 9 February 2012.
- “Decoding the Lolita: Gender roles in Natsuki Takaya’s Fruits Basket.” 9th Annual System Pathways Student Research Symposium. Texas A&M University-College Station, College Station, TX. 11 November 2011.
- “Feminist Under Glass: Power and Agency within CLAMP’s Chobits.” PCA/ACA 2011 Conference. Popular Culture Association and the American Culture Association. Marriott Rivercenter hotel, San Antonio, TX. 22 April 2011.
- “Damsel to the Rescue: Gender Roles within Natsuki Takaya’s Fruits Basket.” American Studies Association of Texas Conference. Texas A&M University, Commerce, TX. 5 November 2010.
SECONDARY CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
- “Digital Assessments in the Google Classroom.” Hunt County STEM Conference. Caddo Mills, TX. 3-4 August 2016.
- “Digital Composition in the Distance Learning Classroom.” Hunt County STEM Conference. Caddo Mills, TX. 3-4 August 2016.
- “Project Based Learning and Technology.” A presentation I gave on my campus during staff development at Campbell ISD. Campbell, TX. 3 January 2016.